The breasts can fall victim to ptosis or drooping , as pregnancy, nursing and the natural aging process start to take their toll. Breasts that were once perky may begin to descend and droop, giving one’s breasts a much older impression than desired. If the drooping or sagging of your breasts bother you and affect how you feel about yourself, plastic surgery might be a solution.
Dr. Pearl can discuss your options with you, which might include a breast lift to restore breasts to their more youthful position and projection on the chest wall. A breast lift or mastopexy is a surgical procedure used to lift and reshape sagging breasts.
The breast lift also corrects the position of the nipple or areola to create a more natural, aesthetically pleasing appearance to the entire breast. Changes in the breasts due to pregnancy and nursing often result in significant ptosis. As a woman ages, the effects of gravity combined with a loss of natural elasticity in the skin can also result in drooping breasts. Significant weight loss can also lead to severe breast ptosis. A breast lift reverses these changes, restoring perkiness to the breasts and a more youthful body contour overall. Sometimes a breast lift includes an implant to help restore volume while correcting ptosis at the same time.
Dr. Pearl offers a breast lift both as a stand-alone procedure and in conjunction with breast implants or fat grafting to the breast when necessary to produce an optimal outcome. The goal of a breast lift is to remove excess skin from the breasts while raising its position to create a more youthful, full and natural appearance. Every patient is different. Dr. Pearl understands this and will explain whether a lift or an implant with a lift is the better surgery for you.
Is a Breast Lift Right for You?
Women consider a breast lift at different phases of life and for a variety of reasons. This procedure, whether performed alone or in combination with another form of breast enhancement or liposuction or abdominoplasty, offers a significant improvement to the appearance of the breasts that can be very long-lasting. Factors that should be considered when choosing a breast lift include the following:
- Good health overall (if you have any medical conditions or are taking any medications, Dr. Pearl will weigh that information carefully to determine whether it might interfere with the safety of your procedure).
- Tobacco use, as tobacco use can affect the safety of your procedure and the ability of your incision to heal correctly.
- Overall satisfaction with the size of your breasts, with a desire to merely correct sagging and create a more youthful position.
- A healthy outlook on your appearance and positive reasons for wanting a breast lift that do not include undergoing the procedure to please another person.
- Willingness to take sufficient time to recuperate after your procedure, as that time will be critical in a healthy and successful recovery process.
- A healthy and stable weight, because weight fluctuations after a breast lift can change the results of the procedure.
- Realistic expectations as to what the breast lift procedure will do for you and how it will affect your appearance.
Choosing a Surgeon for Your Breast Lift
Breast procedures are a standard offering by plastic surgeons throughout Georgia, so you will need to take some time and do your due diligence in selecting the right surgeon for you. Dr. Pearl is board-certified and has extensive experience in cosmetic surgery of the breast, as well as breast reconstruction and enhancement to provide you with an optimal outcome.
Benefits of a Breast Lift
The main goal of a breast lift is to raise drooping breasts to a perkier position on the chest wall. However, women who choose to undergo a breast lift will likely see a variety of benefits from this procedure:
- Sagging breasts are lifted to create a more youthful upper body profile.
- Breasts that hang unevenly or have different shapes will be balanced to create symmetry.
- Loose skin on the sides of the chest is removed to produce a firmer contour to the breast.
- Nipples that point downward will be repositioned to a natural, outward position.
- Areolas that have enlarged can be reduced in size to create a proportionate appearance.
What People Say About Us!
"Dr. Pearl is amazing and skilled. I always leave their feeling better than I did when got there! His bedside manner is compared to no other! It’s not often a doctor will give you their cell phone number! His nurse Mary is nothing short of amazing herself! They are a power team! ❤️
Click here to read more reviews.