The breasts are a defining feminine feature of a woman’s body. They signify beauty, sexuality, and confidence. When breasts are smaller or shaped differently than desired, they can have a profound effect on how a woman sees herself and believes in herself. Thankfully, silicone breast augmentation with implants can enhance the size and shape of a woman’s breasts.
From Dr. Pearl: “Breast augmentation is one of the most common aesthetic procedures I perform and achieves dramatic and beautiful results. It is amazing that less than one hour in the operating room can so dramatically change a woman’s appearance and how she feels about herself.”
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure that adds fullness and volume to the breasts by placing a gummy cohesive gel silicone implant under the muscle of the chest. Dr. Pearl utilizes the “no touch technique” to create the breast pockets, minimizing post operative pain and ensuring a proper pocket for the implants.
The incisions are placed along the inframammary fold of the breasts. Dr. Pearl uses Keller funnels to minimize the length of the scars and to protect the implants from ever touching the skin. Breast augmentation is performed on an outpatient basis.
There are several different reasons our patients choose to undergo breast augmentation. Some of these include small breast size; balancing breast size or correcting asymmetry; compensating for reduced breast volume after breastfeeding; and correction of congenital breast deformities such as tubular breasts. Regardless of why you might be considering this procedure, the following factors will help determine if you are a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery:
- Good physical health (underlying medical conditions will be evaluated by Dr. Pearl prior to surgery).
- Understanding that too much skin laxity or breast ptosis may require you to
consider a breast lift with or without an implant.
- Realistic expectations (Dr. Pearl will explain the surgery and your expected results to you in detail at your initial consultation).
- Healthy reasons for desiring breast augmentation. The procedure should be for you and not to please anyone else in your life.
- Willingness to take time off for recovery. Adequate recovery time will help reduce your risk of capsular contracture and infection.
Some of the benefits of breast augmentation with implants include the following:
- Breasts brought into proportion with the rest of your body profile.
- Creation of beautiful cleavage and fullness in the breasts.
- Restoration of breasts that have become deflated after pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Symmetry of breasts that differ in size, shape or a combination of the two.
- Correction of mild to moderate breast ptosis without the need for mastopexies or a breast lift.
- Better fit to clothing, which in turn increases self-confidence in your appearance.
What People Say About Us!
"Dr. Pearl is amazing and skilled. I always leave their feeling better than I did when got there! His bedside manner is compared to no other! It’s not often a doctor will give you their cell phone number! His nurse Mary is nothing short of amazing herself! They are a power team! ❤️
Click here to read more reviews.